15th February 2020
MÜLLER AND BRITISH ATHLETICS ANNOUNCE EXTENSION IN PARTNERSHIP THROUGH TO 2022
- Today announced that Müller have extended their partnership with British Athletics through to 2022
- Continuing as title sponsors to the Müller Anniversary Games, Müller Indoor Grand Prix and Müller Grand Prix, the new deal also sees the dairy giant become title sponsor for 2020, 2021 and 2022 British Championships
Dairy giant Müller have extended their partnership with British Athletics through to 2022.
Furthermore, Muller will become title partner of the outdoor British Championships in 2020, 2021 and 2022. This year, the British Champs will incorporate the official trials for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games, an event which sold out within a week of going on sale.
A key partner to British Athletics having worked together since 2016, Müller will continue as title sponsor of the world-class Müller Anniversary Games, Müller Indoor Grand Prix and Müller Grand Prix.
Muller has engrossed itself in the sport since teaming up with British Athletics in 2016, with major TV advertising showcasing the likes of world medallists Dina Asher-Smith, Katarina Johnson-Thompson and Adam Gemili alongside Müller’s products, and also increasing its ambassador line up with the addition of Laura Muir and Holly Bradshaw.
Chair of UK Athletics, Chris Clark said:
“We are delighted to confirm that the relationship between British Athletics and Muller will now continue through to 2022. Muller has made an amazing commitment to both our major televised events as well as all-important grassroots projects, so the enhancement and extension of our already-successful partnership is hugely positive news.
“To have their continued support across four events each year through to 2022 is huge and will allow British Athletics to continue uplifting both the profile of these events as well as the on-the-day experience for both fans and athletes.”
Executive Member for Skills, Culture and Leisure, Councillor Luthfur Rahman, said of the Müller British Athletics Championships:
“Manchester is eagerly anticipating the Müller British Athletics Championships, which makes a long-awaited return to our city this year, on the Regional Arena’s newly refurbished track. As a world-class sporting city, Manchester is a natural host for events of this stature and it’s no surprise that tickets are already sold out, such is the enthusiasm here for track and field.
“We’re committed to supporting local athletics and hosting this prestigious event is a real boost to our plans to ensure that as many residents as possible are accessing the sport and leisure opportunities available at fantastic facilities like the Manchester Regional Arena.”
Event dates for Müller-titled sponsored events in 2020:
- Müller Indoor Grand Prix Glasgow – Emirates Arena, Glasgow – Saturday 15 February
- Tickets are sold-out, however the event is live today on BBC One from 13:15 – 16:30
- Müller Anniversary Games – London Stadium, London – Sat 4 & Sun 5 July
- Tickets are available via https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/events-and-tickets/muller-anniversary-games-2020/
- Müller British Athletics Championships – Regional Arena, Manchester – Sat 20 & Sun 21 June
- Tickets are sold out, however the event will be televised and details released in due course
- Müller Grand Prix Gateshead – Gateshead International Stadium, Gateshead – Sat 16 August
- Tickets are available via https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/events-and-tickets/muller-grand-prix-gateshead-2020/