11th February 2020
START-LISTS GO LIVE AHEAD OF WORLD-CLASS MULLER INDOOR GRAND PRIX GLASGOW
- World champions Katarina Johnson-Thompson (GBR), Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM) and Murielle Ahoure (CIV) all confirmed for the event
- As confirmed back in November, five-time European champion Laura Muir (GBR) will look to break the world 1000m record on her home track
- Just last week, and ahead of his stunning world record on Saturday in Torun, pole vault star Mondo Duplantis (SWE) was also confirmed
- Tickets for the event are sold-out, with the event being televised live on BBC One from 13:15 – 16:30
- Full athlete entries are visible HERE
On the back of numerous global stars being previously confirmed, eye-catching additions to the start-list for this weekend include Jemma Reekie (coach: Andy Young, club: Kilbarchan) who spearheads the women’s 1500m following a stunning three British records (800m, 1500m, 1 Mile) in her opening two races of 2020 so far.
World champion Nia Ali (USA) leads the women’s 60m hurdles, while Ukraine’s Yaroslava Mahuchikh will be one to watch in the women’s high jump following a brilliant start to 2020 with a clearance at 2.02m. Morgan Lake (GBR, Eldon Lake, Windsor Slough Eton & Hounslow) and Nikki Manson (GBR, Giffnick North) also feature in the high jump and will hope to impress following strong opening competitions this year with 1.90m and 1.93m respectively.
Home interest elsewhere includes the in-form Andy Pozzi (Santiago Antunez, Stratford-upon-Avon) in the 60m hurdles and – fresh from an Olympic qualifying mark of 5.80m last weekend – Harry Coppell (Scott Simpson, Wigan & District) in the men’s pole vault.
In the men’s 60m, Chijindu Ujah (GBR, Ryan Freckleton, Enfield & Haringey) is set to feature following an impressive equal-personal best showing in Dusseldorf last weekend courtesy of a time of 6.53 seconds. Also lining up in the event are 6.40 seconds man Ronnie Baker (USA) and two-time European 60m champion Richard Kilty (GBR, Benke Blomkvist, Gateshead).
Tickets for the event are sold-out, and the event will be televised live on BBC One from 13:15 – 16:30.
Tickets are still available for the following weekend’s SPAR British Athletics Indoor Championships (Sat 22 & Sun 23 Feb) at the Emirates Arena via https://www.britishathletics.org.uk/events-and-tickets/spar-british-athletics-indoor-championships-2020/.