22nd May 2020
#ATHLETICSATHOME PART 8
Another week passes and as athletes are getting more and more used to the “new normal”, we’ve once again picked out some of their most inventive routines and drills from the past seven days.
- It’s gym time for Libby Clegg under the watchful eye of her son, Edward.
- The sun is out and Dina is back on track.
- Zoey Clark has putting in the work over the last few weeks, and this time she takes us through this plyometric circuit session.
Here’s the short plyometric circuit I’ve been doing post gym to keep power in my legs.
-Mario jumps 3×10 each leg
-SL knee drive from split squat 3×5 each leg
-SL knee drive off box 3×10 each leg
-Depth jumps from box 3×5 pic.twitter.com/bKmSBVZfN7
— Zoey Clark (@_ZoeyClark) May 19, 2020
- Not to be outdone, here are more plyometrics, courtesy of Shelayna Oskan-Clarke.
- Nathan Maguire and Hannah Cockroft may not be back on a track just yet, but they are making use of their space at home to get the sessions done.
- Laura Weightman has been making the most of the good weather this week as she continues to rack up the miles.
- Back at the home gym, Kyle Langford is putting in the hard yards.
- Mile, after mile, after mile. Jemma Reekie and Laura Muir are continuing the hard work which saw them start the season so brightly.
- Sun’s out, the resistance band is out for Olivia Breen.
— oliviabreen (@BreenOlivia) May 18, 2020
8. Next up in the street pole vault competition is multiple European medallist, Holly Bradshaw.
- Olympic medallist Sophie Hitchon is making the ‘light’ weight look easy 💪
10. We hope you will be back to some high speed sessions soon too, Laviai.