13th May 2020
#ATHLETICSATHOME PART 7
Another week passes and as athletes are getting more and more used to the “new normal”, we’ve once again picked out some of their most inventive routines and drills from the past seven days
- We’ve seen a fair bit of the med ball from Jake Wightman over in America, but he ups his game this week with a superb med ball trick shot.
2. The home gym has been the preferred route to workout by many of our athletes, including Sammi Kinghorn, although she may be regretting that decision!
3. With the track still off limits for Nathan Maguire, the roller at home is the next best alternative and he continues his home circuits.
The next best thing to the track is rollers, hers just a sneak peak of one of our Kirkby AC Zoom sessions! Great to still be training with the squad even though we can’t see each other pic.twitter.com/9aKhmdYv23
— nathan maguire (@nathanmaguire2) May 11, 2020
4. Cooling down on the banks of the Thames, nothing is stopping Charlotte Purdue from racking up the mileage!
5. One man still racking up the miles is Elliot Giles, making the most of the good weather to blast round the streets.
6. When the dust settles, Dwayne Cowan will show that he’s still one of the sharpest in the business.
7. No equipment? No problem! Multiple British triple jump champion Nathan Douglas has been providing one five-minute circuit every night this week for you to try!
8. The latest round of the Nike Living Room Cup is here and Richard Whitehead was one of many to take on Caster Semenya’s challenge.
9. Worth the watch! Kadeena Cox has been showing off to the BBC Sport team her workout routine.
10. With equipment at home limited, British 100m hurdles champion Cindy Ofili is getting creative in her front room with stretching.
11. An altogether different kind of race this week for British 60m champion Andy Robertson as he took to the streets of Stalybridge, racing against his dad’s car to get some speed work in!