7th May 2020
#ATHLETICSATHOME PART 6
Another week has gone by with athletes up and down the country continuing to show off their creativity in adapting their training routines as they work from home, trying to find the extra yards, metres and seconds to keep them in top condition. We’ve picked out some of the best over the course of the last seven days for your pleasure below.
- The Nike Living Room Cup continues once more and T38 100m & 200m world champion Sophie Hahn has once again been putting her best efforts on show, taking on Rory McIlroy’s plank challenge.
2. Throwing it back to when she was in Stellenbosch on warm weather training, Ashleigh Nelson brings back one of her top workout sessions from the camp.
3. Ali Smith has found a new teammate to practice her training with, getting
4. Off the back of Dina Asher-Smith’s Block Busters challenge, Beth Dobbin posted her best effort of 184 to challenge the 200m world champion.
5. Melissa Courtney-Bryant has made the most of the recent good weather to get out for her runs with some brilliant backdrops.
6. Following the launch of the 2.6 challenge almost a fortnight ago, 800m specialist Shelayna Oskan-Clarke put together a 26 minute circuit in support of the session and it looks brutal!
7. Camera trickery or very bouncy ground, you decide, either way Jazmin Sawyers is getting some serious air here!
8. In the woods surrounding Loughborough, Martyn Rooney has been putting his daily hour of exercise to good use as he enjoyed a rather scenic session.
9. Without a track to train on, Jess Turner has hit the grass to make sure she doesn’t lose the feeling of going over the hurdles!
10. British shot put champion Scott Lincoln did manage to get in some competitive action this weekend from his homemade circle, taking on some of the best in the business in a virtual competition.
11. Thin air, don’t care! Jake Wightman is continuing his lockdown in the United States with weight training on his drive at high altitude.
12. Last but not least, Olivia Breen has been hard at work at home with another routine as she continues to adapt to life in lockdown.