21st January 2019
MÜLLER EXTEND THEIR STAY WITH BRITISH ATHLETICS
- Müller and British Athletics have agreed to extend their partnership through to 2021
- Deal sees Müller become a core rights partner and title partner of certain events
- Next Müller-titled event is the world’s number-one ranked indoor meet – the Müller Indoor Grand Prix Birmingham (February 16)
British Athletics is delighted to announce that Müller has agreed to extend the current British Athletics partnership through to 2021. This takes the total length of partnership to six years, incorporating every Müller Anniversary Games since 2016.
Already a major partner of British Athletics, supporting the Great Britain and Northern Ireland team and British Athletics’ televised events, Müller will also become title partner of the 2019 British Championships in Birmingham at the end of August.
The new deal will see Müller feature across all British Athletics corporate communications, sponsor the officials at the televised events and increased presence at World and European team events.
UK Athletics Interim Chief Executive, Nigel Holl said:
“We are delighted to develop further our partnership with Müller who are now very well established as a long-term supporter of athletics in this country.
“Müller’s continued investment in the televised events series means we are able to continue to host world class elite level competition.
“We would also like to thank Müller for their incredible investment in promoting British Athletics in everyday life through their TV and print media advertising.
“Overall this deal is great news for athletes – from grassroots through to elite – and the sport of athletics in the UK. We look forward to working together in the coming years.”
Michael Inpong, Chief Marketing Officer at Müller said:
“Müller is passionate about making people happier and healthier. As such, it’s wonderful to extend our partnership with British Athletics.
“We’re really excited to continue investing in the future of this electrifying sport. It also means we can continue to bring our much-loved brand to life in lots of new and exciting ways.”
The support from Müller is not only at elite level with the highly successful Müller sports day set to continue in 2019 and an on-pack promotion for the chance to win £2,000 of sports kit for your school (T&Cs apply).
Event dates for the Müller-titled sponsored events in 2019:
- Müller Indoor Grand Prix Birmingham – Arena Birmingham, Saturday 16 February
- Müller Anniversary Games – London Stadium, Saturday 20 & Sunday 21 July
- Müller Grand Prix Birmingham – Alexander Stadium, Sunday 18 August
- Müller British Athletics Championships – Alexander Stadium, Saturday 24 & Sunday 25 August