Following a successful coach education course for ex-international athletes in 2006, UK Athletics is staging a similar course in 2007. The intensive residential course will take place from 4 to 6 September 2007 at St Mary’s University College, Twickenham.
Applications are invited from former athletes who have considerable experience of competing successfully at a high level and are now committed to coaching others.
You will need to:
- Be already coaching regularly or committed to coaching during the forthcoming year
- Be fully available between 8am and 6pm on 4,5 and 6 September
- Undertake some pre-course reading and preparation
- Keep a coaching log book
- Work with an identified mentor
- Commit to involvement with national/regional event programmes
- Undertake a disclosure check (CRB, SCRB, POCVA)
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be a qualified level 2 coach on the pathway to level 3.
In order to apply, download and complete this form and return it to Russell Hurley at UK Athletics, Athletics House, Central Boulevard, Blythe Valley Park, Solihull, West Midlands B90 8AJ or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the course is available from the relevant Senior Coordinator:
Derek Redmond Sprints
Michelle Dunkley Field and Combined Events
Spencer Barden Endurance
Marie Yates Athletes with a Disability (from 1 August)