UK Athletics is a world leading sporting organisation delivering clear and inspirational leadership for athletics to ensure a vibrant and empowered sport at every level that can evolve to meet every challenge.
UK Athletics is committed to the creation and enhancement of an inclusive climate which enables elite success, individual achievement, and a vibrant, attractive and sustainable sport that can captivate both existing and new audiences.
We have set ourselves goals to improve equality, diversity and inclusion:
1. We will ensure equality and diversity is driven by the Leadership of UK Athletics.
- We will appoint an Equality and Diversity Board Champion to make sure Equality, Diversity and Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do
- We will publish our successes and commitments to achieving equality in athletics
2. We will improve our understanding of equality and diversity issues within our organisation.
- We will get a better understanding of the equality profile of our organisation
- We will look at ways of improving our monitoring data in order to understand inequalities within our organisation and sport
3. We will raise awareness of and embed equalities and diversity throughout our organisation
- We will ensure that all our employees will receive up to date training on Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- We will provide information for clubs, coaches, officials and members to help them tackle inequality and discrimination in athletics
- We will look at our policies, procedures and processes to ensure that they are inclusive and do not discriminate
4. We will understand and tackle barriers for under-represented groups in athletics and bring athletics to new audiences. We will encourage all sections of society to participate in our sport. In particular, we will look at improving participation of:
- Women and girls
- Disabled people
- People from different ethnic backgrounds
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
- People who have different religions and beliefs
We want to become a leading National Governing Body in promoting inclusion and equal opportunity and have selected Gordon Arthur as our Equalities Board Champion and he will champion equality, diversity and inclusion in everything we do.